Thursday, December 16, 2010

Some Guys Will Do Anything for A Beer

Last night I was craving a brew.  So, I walked to the local grocer's beer aisle and picked up a six pack of Dogfish Head's Raison D' Etre.  A fine beer by any standard. 

I pony up to the register why my sixer by my side.  Suddenly, there we are; standing eye-to-eye.  It's just me and the clerk and only one of us is getting out of this mess alive.  This had the makings of a great story except that I simply paid for the beer and went home.  We both made it out alive.  So goes just about every other beer purchase across the country.  Except one...

In Flint, MI, a gentleman was shot by the store clerk and still picked up some beer - from the same store.  Seriously, here are the particulars:

*********************************************
"The Flint Journal reports the unidentified victim told police he was standing outside the store about 9 p.m. Monday in the city about 50 miles northwest of Detroit when he heard a gunshot and felt a pain in his leg. The man asked the store clerk why he shot him, but did not get a response.

The victim then entered the store and bought beer. He later walked to a friend's home, who took him to a hospital."
Source: Chicago Tribune
**********************************************

No comments: